Before booking a Personal Retreat, you need to have completed at least 2 weeks teacher-led, Insight
(Vipassana) or Zen meditation retreat in
silence (either as two separate weeks or one continuous retreat of 14 days), not necessarily at Gaia House.
All Personal Retreat Application forms will be submitted to a Gaia House teacher for approval. Applications from people who do not have sufficient previous experience will be refused. If you have any
questions before you apply, please call Reception: +44 (0)1626 333613
You can use the Personal Retreat Cost Calculator to calculate the cost of your proposed retreat.
Please note: We have received a large volume of applications for 2020 and are processing these as quickly as we can. However, please be aware that it will take longer than usual for us to come back to you and we won't be able to offer everyone their requested dates. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Your Personal Information
The information you disclose in relation to your booking is used specifically in relation to the retreat you are applying for. This form is kept in both electronic and paper formats up to and throughout your stay. Your information is encrypted whilst being transferred from the website to our systems. The information is used by teachers and other members of staff, as required as part of their duties. Once your retreat has been completed your electronic form will be deleted and your paper form shredded. Your application will also be deleted if your application is declined or subsequently cancelled. A record of your retreat dates will be held on our database.
For further information on how we treat your information please read our Privacy Statement.
- Requested Retreat Dates
We can only accept applications until the end of 2020 (and not into the following year).
(the day you arrive)
Date Format: DD dash MM dash YYYY
(the day you leave)
Date Format: DD dash MM dash YYYY
Booking and Cancellation Conditions
Payment and Deposits:
Cancellation and Refunds:
- Retreats up to and including 3 nights: Please pay in full at the time of booking.
- Retreats of 4 nights or more: A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £100 will secure your place. Please pay the balance at least one month before the start date.
- If you have paid a deposit, an email will be sent to you to remind you to pay the outstanding balance.
- If you have not paid in full, one month before the start of your retreat, your place may be cancelled (with the loss of your deposit), and offered to someone on the waiting list.
Cancellation fees (less administration costs) are placed in the Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund (FAB Fund).
Booking conditions may be subject to alteration.
See: Booking and Cancellation.
- If you cancel more than 1 month before the start date of the retreat, the cancellation fee will be £100.
- Please note that the Sponsor rate includes a non-refundable donation and is refunded at the Standard rate.
- If you cancel less than 1 month but more than 2 weeks before the start date, the cancellation fee will be £100 or half the cost of your retreat, whichever is greater.
- Extra nights cancelled more than 1 month before your arrival date will be refunded, less a £20 admin fee.
- Extra nights cancelled less than 1 month in advance will be charged in full.
- If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the start date, the cancellation fee will be the full amount paid.