Last updated 1 April 2022
Our response to covid-19
As our main concern is to look after our whole community (residential and non-residential working community, and our retreatants) and the nature of Gaia House means sharing communal spaces, we have decided to continue with some of the recommendations that we have found supportive in maintaining our retreat environment.
We continue to remain flexible and will review our requirements as the year and the covid-19 situation progresses. We thank you and appreciate your understanding and support of these requirements.
Prior to your retreat, we will send some more information about what to expect whilst at Gaia House. We hope you find the following information useful as well. Please use it as a guide, which we hope will help answer any questions you might have prior to registering for your retreat.
- From 22 April 2022 onwards, we plan to offer shared rooms again. If you need a single room because of disability, poor health or age, you can request one at the time of booking. We will do our best to accommodate you according to your needs but we cannot guarantee a single room.
- We are continuing to ask retreatants to take a lateral flow test the day before your arrival at Gaia House and to bring tests with you so you can test if you develop symptoms whilst at GH. Please bring enough tests with you for the duration of your stay. As the government is no longer offering free tests, we offer two potential places for you to buy online in advance: https://www.medisave.co.uk/ppe-hygiene/covid19-test-kits.html and https://www.firstaid4less.co.uk/Diagnostics/Flowflex-Covid19-Lateral-Flow-Tests-Certified-For-Home-Use.We may also have a small supply of tests available to retreatants on site.
- If you are based outside the UK and intend to travel to join a retreat, please be aware that there may be a government requirement for covid tests or quarantines, we strongly recommend you check the UK government’s latest travel guidelines before you travel.
Once in the house
- When moving around the house, unless you are exempt, we encourage you to wear a face-covering, particularly in the dining room queue and whilst working alongside others. Once you are sitting down, you may remove face-coverings.
- The Meditation Hall will be ventilated by having the windows open during the retreat. Please therefore ensure you pack warm clothing.
- If you have covid-19 symptoms or test positive during your retreat, you will be asked to isolate irrespective of vaccine status. You will be able to stay in isolation for a limited period in the house and will be asked to continue your isolation away from Gaia House. Government rules now allow the use of public transport when testing positive and we can provide a taxi service to the nearest station.
Cancellation terms and conditions
If you find it necessary to cancel your booking due to a positive test result in advance of your retreat, a full refund will be available. Please note this does not include any travel costs you may have incurred. In all other circumstances, our standard cancellation terms and conditions apply.
Thank you for your help in co-creating as supportive and safe a retreat environment as possible.