Last updated 15 December 2020
Gaia House exists to offer the Buddha’s teachings of wisdom, compassion and meditation practice, for the wellbeing of all life.
In light of the continuing covid-19 pandemic, we expect our retreat centre will remain closed until March. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you online.
We have heard from our online participants that practising together virtually can be incredibly supportive and inspiring. Practising in our home environment allows unique opportunities for integrating the wisdom of the teachings with daily life, and the sense of sangha can be really powerful.
If conditions allow, we plan to open again for socially-distanced in-house retreats in March 2021.
Our March/April residential retreats will open for bookings in January. The residential dates are listed in the programme, so you can view what we have planned.
Our response to covid-19
We have conducted thorough risk assessments and we’re keeping up to date with government guidelines to provide a safe retreat environment. As the conditions and guidelines are changing, we are remaining flexible and will be reviewing what is needed at the time of each retreat. You will receive more information about what to expect at Gaia House prior to your retreat start date.
In the meantime, we would like to share a list that will hopefully answer some questions you may have relating to how we have adapted our in-house retreats to support a safe retreat environment:
- Everyone will be allocated a single room.
- We will ask everyone to wear face coverings at all times whilst walking through communal areas. When sitting down in the Meditation Hall and other communal areas, face coverings can be removed. If you are exempt from wearing a face-covering for medical reasons, we ask that you notify us at the time of booking via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will have systems in place to support social-distancing.
- Use of showers and WCs: You will have shared access to a bathroom. The bathrooms will be cleaned daily. However, there may be additional protocols to follow regarding when shower facilities are available and cleaning after use.
- Guidelines for safe access of shared spaces, including the Meditation Hall, will be explained on arrival.
- To support the running of the house with reduced numbers, working meditation will be for two separate hours each day. The work periods will be pre-allocated.
- You will be asked to follow the government advice regarding travel. For example, if the tier system is in place and you are in a tier 3 (very high) area you are asked to avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK. If your area moves to tier 3 prior to your retreat, you will be entitled to a full refund.
Booking & cancellations
If you find it necessary to cancel a 2021 booking due to covid-19 related reasons, a full refund will be available. Please email: email@example.com