We endeavour to keep our rates as low as possible and are committed to ensuring that Dharma teachings are available to all who wish to participate in our programme, irrespective of financial circumstances.
The price of our retreats reflects just the basic costs of providing the facilities, managing and maintaining the centre. Our rates include delicious vegetarian meals, refreshments and simple, shared accommodation.
In the Buddhist tradition of dana or generosity, teachings at Gaia House are offered freely and many people offer their time and skills as unpaid volunteers to help the work of Gaia House.
While on retreat with us, you will be given the opportunity to offer dana for the teachers who have guided your retreat or practice, for the coordinators who care for our retreatants and retreat space, and for the support of Gaia House. This is an invitation to participate in the spirit of generosity that has sustained the tradition and teachings for around 2,500 years.
November 2017 – 2018 Retreat rates:
- Group Retreat Rates
- Young Persons Rate
- Camping Rate
- Extra Nights
- Personal Retreat & Work Retreat Rates
- Financial Assistance
- About Dana – the Buddhist tradition of generosity
- Standard rate: This rate covers the basic running costs of your stay and is the rate we ask everyone to pay if you can.
- Supported rate: For anyone who feels that they cannot afford the standard rate; available online or when booking by telephone.
- Sponsor rate: A benefactor rate, which helps others to come here on the Supported rate; available online or when booking by telephone. (Please note that the Sponsor rate includes a non-refundable donation.)
- Young Persons Rate: For young people aged 16-25 years for whom the financial cost of coming on retreat is too high, we offer a limited number of group retreat places at a 75% reduction off the Standard rate. To check availability and book your place, please phone our Reception team.
- Camping rate (summer months only): During the summer months we offer a small number of camping places at a reduced rate for those attending our Group retreats only. Please contact our Reception team to check availability and costs.
- Extra nights: Extra Retreat Nights are charged at the same rate as Personal Retreats.
- Further financial assistance for Group retreats is available from our Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund (FAB Fund), which offers a 50% reduction off the Standard rate.
|Personal Retreats (and extra nights for Group Retreats) from 1 – 30 nights will be charged a nightly rate of:||£44|
|Personal retreats longer than 30 nights; the nightly rate will be reduced from night 31 onwards to:||£35|
|Financial assistance for Personal retreats is available from our Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund (FAB Fund).|
|Bursary places: Gaia House supports 12 bursary places per year for Personal retreatants undertaking a retreat of 90 days. Bursary places begin annually on 1 January, 1 April and 1 October.||£1,970|
Work retreats: We charge an initial non-refundable booking fee of £10 and ask for an additional deposit of £40 to secure your booking. Provided that the Work retreat has been completed satisfactorily, your £40 deposit will be refunded at the end of your retreat.
|£50 (including £40 refundable deposit)|
- Personal Retreat Cost Calculator: Helps calculate the total cost of your Personal Retreat.
- Financial assistance for retreats and courses.
Before making your booking, please refer to our Booking and Cancellation Policy