This picture shows what was to become the Hermitage Wing in the background, but around 1950 it was a temporary structure.
The Bethaney Wing (now the Hermitage Wing) was built in 1954 (by the then resident nuns of the Convent of the Companions of Jesus the Good Shepherd). An extension to it was added in 1960. More Photos from the 1950’s: The Garden Wing; The Dining Room.
More about the History of the Building.