Gaia House is a meditation retreat centre offering silent meditation retreats in the Buddhist tradition. We warmly welcome all people of every age, ethnicity, cultural heritage and religious background, socio-economic group, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Join us in this historic setting, deep in the peaceful beauty of the South Devon countryside, to explore the teachings of the Buddha, guided by experienced Dharma teachers from all over the world.
New to Gaia House?
- What does Gaia House offer?
- Gaia House Retreat Programme
- About Insight Meditation
- About Silence
- About Group Retreats
- Retreat FAQs
- Contact Us
- SIGN UP to our bi-monthly e-bulletin. View the latest one here:
News and Jobs
- Maintenance Coordinator vacancy – join our residential community to experience practice and work within a Dharma community setting. Find out more.
- Local volunteer opportunity: Are you able to offer a regular commitment of ideally between 4-6 hours a day, maybe once a week or fortnightly to help with maintaining the various types of flower beds & borders around the house (some basic gardening knowledge would be helpful) or, working on the grounds (i.e. lawn mowing)? Spending time in the Gaia House garden is a delight at any time of year, and our volunteers are welcome to stay for lunch and fit in some sitting time.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email our Retreat Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org