What is this? Reflections from a Sŏn retreat
Read an excerpt:
What is This? functions as a companion volume to The Faith to Doubt: Glimpses of Buddhist Uncertainty (1990), most of which Stephen Batchelor wrote while training as a Sŏn monk in Songgwang Sa monastery, South Korea, from 1981-1984.
A member of the Gaia House Teacher Council, Stephen Batchelor has regularly taught retreats at Gaia House since 1986. He is the author of Buddhism without Beliefs, After Buddhism and most recently, Secular Buddhism. A co-founder of Bodhi College, he lives in France with his wife Martine.
All profits from this book will be donated to the Building appeal to help Gaia House raise funds to improve the building and provide a better environment for all those who visit, reside and work at Gaia House.
Read more about the Gaia House Building appeal.
- Number of pages: 106
- Dimensions: A5
- Materials: FSC certified paper, coated
Price including postage and packing
- £12 per copy, for delivery within the UK
- £14 per copy, for delivery to Europe
- £15 per copy, for delivery to the rest of the world
How to order
To order the Stephen Batchelor book online please click your delivery destination below.
- This will open a Paypal Shopping Cart in a new browser window.
- If you require more than one copy of this book, please type in the quantity you require and press ‘Update’.
- You will have the option to pay either with your Paypal account or with your debit/credit card.
- Please note that you can only select one delivery address per transaction.
- Orders will be dispatched within 14 days.
Alternatively, you can send a cheque, made payable to Gaia House Trust, to:
If sending a cheque, please include a note confirming your contact details, the delivery address and how many copies of the Stephen Batchelor book you would like.
If you encounter any problems during the ordering process, please email our Communications Manager, Elena de Paz on firstname.lastname@example.org