We endeavour to keep our rates as low as possible and are committed to ensuring that Dharma teachings are available to all who wish to participate in our programme, irrespective of financial circumstances.
The teaching and service from the teachers, coordinators and volunteers at Gaia House is offered freely. Our rates attempt to cover the very basic administration and maintenance expenses of Gaia House; this includes the cost of food, accommodation and teachers’ travel expenses for in-house/residential events.
In the Buddhist tradition of dana or generosity, teachings at Gaia House are offered freely and many people offer their time and skills as unpaid volunteers to help the work of Gaia House.
While on retreat with us, you will be given the opportunity to offer dana for the teachers who have guided your retreat or practice, for the coordinators who care for our retreatants and retreat space, and for the support of Gaia House. This is an invitation to participate in the spirit of generosity that has sustained the tradition and teachings for around 2,500 years.
- Group retreat rates
- Young Persons’ rate
- Camping rate
- Financial Assistance
- About dana – the Buddhist tradition of generosity
December 2020 update:
Our highest rate has now been re-named “Standard” as a default for those that can pay this, thereby supporting Gaia House and those for whom this is too high.
- Standard rate: Includes a donation to the General Fund, which will help sustain Gaia House into the future
- Basic rate: Covers the very basic costs of running the retreat
- Supported rate: A subsidised rate to support practice
- Young Persons’ rate: For young people aged 18-25 years for whom the financial cost of coming on retreat is too high, we offer a limited number of group retreat places at a 70% reduction off the Standard rate. To check availability and book your place, please phone our Reception team.
- Camping rate (summer months only): During the summer months we offer a small number of camping places at a reduced rate for those attending our Group retreats only. Please contact our Reception team to check availability and costs.
- Further financial assistance for Group retreats is available from our Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund (FAB Fund), which offers a 50% reduction off the Standard rate.
Before making your booking, please refer to our Booking and Cancellation Policy