Please consider paying at the highest rate that you are able to. Your generosity is vital in supporting Gaia House to sustain its Dharma offerings for the benefit of all. If our rates are too high for you, you are warmly invited to apply for support from our Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund.
None of your registration fee goes to the teacher(s). Gaia House teachers rely on the generosity of students for their livelihood. There will be an opportunity at the end of your retreat to make a dana offering to your teacher(s) and to our residential service team who care for our retreatants and retreat space.
In the Buddhist tradition of dana or generosity, the teachings at Gaia House are offered freely and many people offer their time and skills as unpaid volunteers to help the work of Gaia House.
The opportunity to offer dana is an invitation to participate in the spirit of generosity that has sustained the tradition and teachings for around 2,500 years.
- Group retreat rates
- Young Persons’ rate
- Camping rate
- Financial Assistance
- About dana – the Buddhist tradition of generosity
December 2020 update:
Our highest rate has now been re-named “Standard” as a default for those that can pay this, thereby supporting Gaia House and those for whom this is too high.
- Standard rate: Includes a donation to the General Fund, which will help sustain Gaia House into the future
- Basic rate: Covers the very basic costs of running the retreat
- Supported rate: A subsidised rate to support practice
- Young Persons’ rate: For young people aged 18-25 years for whom the financial cost of coming on retreat is too high, we offer a limited number of group retreat places at a 30% reduction off the Standard rate. To check availability and book your place, please phone our Reception team.
- Camping rate (summer months only): During the summer months we offer a small number of camping places at a reduced rate for those attending our Group retreats only. Please contact our Reception team to check availability and costs.
- Further financial assistance for Group retreats is available from our Financial Assistance and Bursaries Fund (FAB Fund), which offers a 50% reduction off the Standard rate.
Before making your booking, please refer to our Booking and Cancellation Policy