Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014
This retreat is a rare and precious opportunity to engage in an extended period of individual meditation without interruption.
Regular teacher interviews and Dharma talks are offered, and guidance is available in Insight Meditation (Vipassana), tranquillity (Samatha) meditation, Loving-kindness (Metta) and the other Brahma Viharas.
Each participant has a single room and may choose to be in solitude, or to sit with a small community of other personal retreatants at Gaia House during this time.
CHRISTINA FELDMAN is a co-founder of Gaia House. She has been leading Insight Meditation retreats worldwide since 1976. She is a Guiding Teacher of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts. She is the author of a number of books including Woman Awake, Way of Meditation, and co-author of Soul Food. Recent books include Silence and The Buddhist Path to Simplicity.
Listen to one of Christina Feldman's Talks given at Gaia House on 24-09-2013: Swimming Against the Tide (Duration 61:35)
YANAI POSTELNIK has practiced and studied Insight Meditation and Buddhism since 1990 and has been teaching internationally for over 20 years. He is much inspired by the Thai forest tradition and the transformative power of the natural world. He lives with his wife in Devon, England.
Listen to one of Yanai Postelnik's Talks given at Gaia House on 02-09-2013: The Art of Unknowing (Duration 61:05)
CATHERINE McGEE has been teaching Insight Meditation at Gaia House and internationally since 1997. Her teaching emphasises embodiment and working with whatever hinders us from living our deepest knowing in the world. She is an advisor to One Earth Sangha and a long term student of the Diamond Approach.
Listen to one of Catherine McGee's Talks given at Gaia House on 09-08-2010: Intimacy and Non Attachment (Duration 51:37)
ROB BURBEA has been practising and studying the Dharma since 1985. He has been teaching since 2004 and is currently Resident Teacher of Gaia House. He is a co-founder of SanghaSeva, an organisation dedicated to exploring the Dharma through service work internationally, and also a co-initiator of DANCE (Dharma Action Network for Climate Engagement). He is the author of Seeing That Frees: Meditations on Emptiness and Dependent Arising.
To attend this retreat:
- previous experience of at least two weeks silent meditation retreat is required
- for those wishing to begin their retreat on November 15th, previous experience at least three weeks is required
- a detailed Personal Retreat Application Form must be also submitted
Retreat Code = 14166
It is possible to stay for either 2 weeks or 4 weeks only as follows:
- Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014 (4 weeks)
- Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 15th November 2014 (2 weeks)
- Saturday 15th November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014 (2 weeks)
To preserve the silence and stillness of the retreat house at this time and to support the deepening of practice, no arrivals or departures are sanctioned outside of these dates.
- Standard Rate – £588 (2 weeks) or £1008 (4 weeks) – We ask you to pay this rate if you can.
- Supported Rate – £500 (2 weeks) or £857 (4 weeks) - Available to those who cannot afford the Standard Rate.
- Sponsor Rate – £706 (2 weeks) or £1209 (4 weeks) – A benefactor rate, which helps others to come here on the Supported Rate.
- Young Persons’ Rate – £176 (2 weeks) or £302 (4 weeks) - Limited places available at this special rate, just for young people aged between 16 – 25 years old.
|This retreat is now full.|