Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014
This retreat is a rare and precious opportunity to engage in an extended period of individual meditation without interruption.
Regular teacher interviews and Dharma talks are offered, and guidance is available in Insight Meditation (Vipassana), tranquillity (Samatha) meditation, Loving-kindness (Metta) and the other Brahma Viharas.
Each participant has a single room and may choose to be in solitude, or to sit with a small community of other personal retreatants at Gaia House during this time.
CHRISTINA FELDMAN is a co-founder of Gaia House. She has been leading Insight Meditation retreats worldwide since 1976. She is a Guiding Teacher of the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts. She is the author of a number of books including Woman Awake, Way of Meditation, and co-author of Soul Food. Recent books include Silence and The Buddhist Path to Simplicity.
Listen to one of Christina Feldman's Talks given at Gaia House on 24-09-2013: Swimming Against the Tide (Duration 61:35)
YANAI POSTELNIK has practised and studied Insight Meditation and Buddhism in Asia and the West since 1990 and has been teaching internationally for over 20 years. He is much inspired by the Thai forest tradition and regularly leads courses in the natural world. He lives in Devon, England, is a member of the Gaia House Teacher Council and serves Gaia House as a guiding teacher.
Listen to one of Yanai Postelnik's Talks given at Gaia House on 02-09-2013: The Art of Unknowing (Duration 61:05)
CATHERINE McGEE has practised and studied Buddhist meditation with senior teachers from Asia and the West since 1991. She has been teaching Insight Meditation at Gaia House and internationally since 1997. Her teaching emphasises embodied practice and the integration and translation of our deepest understandings into our life. She is also a student and teacher in training of Diamond Approach of AH Almaas.
Listen to one of Catherine McGee's Talks given at Gaia House on 09-08-2010: Intimacy and Non Attachment (Duration 51:37)
ROB BURBEA has been practising and studying Buddhist meditation and Dharma since 1985 with a variety of teachers in England and in the USA. He has been teaching since 2004 and is currently Resident Teacher at Gaia House and a guiding teacher. He is a co-founder of SanghaSeva, an organisation dedicated to exploring the Dharma through service work internationally, and also co-initiator of the Dharma Action Network for Climate Engagement: DANCE.
To attend this retreat:
- previous experience of at least two weeks silent meditation retreat is required
- for those wishing to begin their retreat on November 15th, previous experience at least three weeks is required
- a detailed Personal Retreat Application Form must be also submitted
Retreat Code = 14166
It is possible to stay for either 2 weeks or 4 weeks only as follows:
- Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014 (4 weeks)
- Saturday 1st November 2014 – Saturday 15th November 2014 (2 weeks)
- Saturday 15th November 2014 – Saturday 29th November 2014 (2 weeks)
To preserve the silence and stillness of the retreat house at this time and to support the deepening of practice, no arrivals or departures are sanctioned outside of these dates.
- Standard Rate - £588 (2 weeks) or £1088 (4 weeks) - We ask you to pay this rate if you can.
- Supported Rate – £500 (2 weeks) or £857 (4 weeks) - Available to those who cannot afford the Standard Rate.
- Sponsor Rate – £706 (2 weeks) or £1209 (4 weeks) - A benefactor rate, which helps others to come here on the Supported Rate.
- Young Persons’ Rate – £176 (2 weeks) or £302 (4 weeks) - Limited places available at this special rate, just for young people aged between 16 – 25 years old.
|This retreat has limited spaces only|
- This retreat is almost full, so we are now only accepting Waiting List requests.
- To be put on the waiting list please submit a Personal Retreat Application Form