Gaia House endeavours to keep costs as low as possible and aims to be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. The price of our retreats is set to reflect just the basic costs of providing the facilities, managing and maintaining the centre. Prices include delicious vegetarian meals, refreshments and simple, shared accommodation.
In the Buddhist tradition of Dana or generosity, teachings at Gaia House are offered freely and many people give of their time and energy to help support retreatants and the work of Gaia House. While on retreat with us, you will be given the opportunity to offer financial support to Gaia House and to the teachers who have guided your retreat or practice. Before you come on retreat we ask that you read our About Dana information page.
See below for:
Young Persons Rate:
The Young Persons Rate is a which offers places on the Group Retreat Programme to young people, at a reduced rate.
This rate is specifically for young people aged between 16 – 25 years old and offers Group Retreats at a 70% reduction off the Standard Rate.
There are a limited number of these places available for each retreat so please book early – contact reception to check availability.
This rate is not available on-line – please contact reception to book.
The prices for Group Retreats are at three different levels: Standard; Supported and Sponsor Rates:
- Our Standard Rate covers just the basic running costs of Gaia House. We ask you, if you can, to pay this rate.
- The Supported Rate is lower than the Standard Rate and is available on request, to all who cannot afford the Standard Rate. This rate is available by selecting the ‘Supported Rate’ option when booking on-line, or requesting when booking by phone. (No financial details required.)
- The Sponsor Rate is an invitation to those who would like to contribute to keeping Gaia House accessible to all by paying a higher rate, and therefore ‘sponsoring’ someone else to come on retreat. The extra money goes directly into the Retreatant Support Fund (RSF) (please note that this donation is non-refundable in the case of cancellation). This fund enables those who would not otherwise be able, to come on retreat at Gaia House by paying a subsidised rate. On behalf of those retreatants that you help we are extremely grateful for your generosity.
There is also further Financial Help from the Retreatant Support Fund (RSF) available to those who need it, while other options such as the Young People’s Rate, Summer Camping, Work Retreats or Personal 90 Day Retreat Bursaries may be appropriate for some retreatants – please click the links for details.
Please click on the links to find out more about these retreats and whether they are appropriate for you.
To help you calculate the total cost of your Personal Retreat, please use the Personal Retreat Cost Calculator.
Retreat Rates for 2013 :
Personal Retreats (and extra nights for Group Retreats) from 1 – 30 nights will be charged a nightly rate of:
Personal Retreats longer than 30 nights; the nightly rate will be reduced from night 31 onwards to:
Bursary: Subsidised 90-day Personal Retreat – 2012 rate:
There is a £10 non-refundable administration charge. Provided that the Work Retreat has been completed satisfactorily, the Deposit of £40 will be refunded at the end of the retreat.
Retreatant Support Fund (RSF) Rate – This rate is available to anyone via a short application process – it offers rates of 40% of the standard cost of the retreat. Everyone has the opportunity to use this rate for up to 30 days of either Group or Personal Retreats in any one calendar year.
In circumstances where individuals do not feel able to afford even a 40% rate, they are encouraged to contact us to discuss what they might be able to afford, as we are keen that cost does not prevent people from coming on retreat to Gaia House.
More Information about Retreat Rates:
- What the Rates mean: PDF Version: (pdf format – to save : Right Click and Save Link/Target As…)
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Financial Help to come on Retreat
- Personal Retreat Cost Calculator
For further information, please refer to Gaia House Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy