Gaia House is accessible by train or coach to Newton Abbot in South Devon. By train, the journey is less than three hours from London Paddington (Great Western Railway) and four hours from London Waterloo (South West Trains) (often a cheaper route). Trains to Newton Abbot are on the Exeter to Paignton, Plymouth and Penzance lines.
- There is a National Express coach from London Victoria direct to Newton Abbot, arriving next to the Railway station. This coach trip is about a five hour journey.
Useful Travel Tips and Links:
- It is advisable (and often cheaper), to make reservations for the coach or train at least 7 days in advance of travel, and to book a return ticket.
- Train and coach tickets can sometimes (but not always) be cheaper if you book a ticket to Exeter, then book a separate ticket from Exeter to Newton Abbot.
- Because of continuing rail line works, you may be delayed or need to transfer to a replacement bus service at some point in your journey, especially when travelling on a Sunday.
- National Rail Enquiries
- Maps of UK Train Routes
- Map of London Underground
- National Express Coach
- Low Fare Finder – Coach
We encourage all our retreatants to make use of the lift share message board to arrange taxi shares from Newton Abbot train station to help reduce the carbon footprint of your journey. You can use the lift share message board to plan and schedule a taxi share with others arriving into Newton Abbot at a similar time to you.
One person in your group then needs to book a taxi in advance with Teignbridge Taxis – 01626 333 333 – letting them know what time to pick you up from the station, and how many people will be sharing the taxi.
On the closing day of group retreats we will organise taxi shares back to Newton Abbot station.
- The nearest airport is Exeter, with flights to various UK and European destinations. Bus services run from the airport into Exeter, from where you can get the train to Newton Abbot.
- Bristol Airport – slightly further away – has a wider range of flight destinations, and from there you can take the bus or coach into Bristol, to get the train to Newton Abbot.
- From London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted or Luton Airport:
- From Stansted Airport, take the Stansted Express train service to Liverpool Street Station in London, or use easyBus or National Express, or Terravision. From Liverpool Street Station travel via the Underground (District, Circle or Hammersmith Lines) to Paddington Station. Or take the London Underground Central Line to Tottenham Court Road, changing to Northern Line (South) for Waterloo Station.
Gaia House Buddhist Meditation Retreat Centre,
West Ogwell, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6EW England.
+44 (0)1626 333613 email@example.com