Gaia House endeavours to keep costs as low as possible and aims to be accessible to everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. The price of our retreats is set to reflect just the basic costs of providing the facilities, managing and maintaining the centre. Prices include delicious vegetarian meals, refreshments and simple, shared accommodation.
In the Buddhist tradition of Dana or generosity, teachings at Gaia House are offered freely and many people give of their time and energy to help support retreatants and the work of Gaia House. While on retreat with us, you will be given the opportunity to offer financial support to Gaia House and give a donation to the teachers who have guided your retreat or meditation practice.
- Young Persons Rate
- Group Retreat Rates
- Personal Retreat & Work Retreat Rates
- Financial Help
- Before you come on retreat please read About Dana
Young Persons Rate:
The Young Persons Rate offers places on the Group Retreat Programme at a reduced rate.
- For young people aged between 16 – 25 years old.
- Offers a 70% reduction off the Standard Rate.
- A limited number of places – so please book early.
- Booking : Not available on-line – please contact reception to check availability and book.
The prices for Group Retreats are at three different levels: Standard; Supported and Sponsor Rates:
- Our Standard Rate covers just the basic running costs of Gaia House. We ask you, if you can, to pay this rate.
- The Supported Rate is lower than the Standard Rate and is available on request, to all who cannot afford the Standard Rate. This rate is available by selecting the ‘Supported Rate’ option when booking on-line, or by request when booking by phone. (No financial details required.)
- The Sponsor Rate is an invitation to help keep Gaia House accessible to all, by paying a higher rate, and thereby ‘sponsoring’ someone else to come on retreat.
- The extra money goes directly into the Retreatant Support Fund (RSF) (please note that this donation is non-refundable in the case of cancellation). This fund enables those who would not otherwise be able, to come on retreat at Gaia House by paying a subsidised rate.
- On behalf of those retreatants that you help we are extremely grateful for your generosity.
- Extra Retreat Nights are charged at the same rate as Personal Retreats.
More Financial Help is available to those who need it, from the Retreatant Support Fund (RSF), while other options such as the Young People’s Rate, Summer Camping, Work Retreats or Personal 90 Day Retreat Bursaries may be appropriate for some retreatants – please click the links for details.
Please click on the links to find out more about these retreats and whether they are appropriate for you before booking.
|Personal Retreats (and extra nights for Group Retreats) from 1 – 30 nights will be charged a nightly rate of:||£37 (2014: £40)|
|Personal Retreats longer than 30 nights; the nightly rate will be reduced from night 31 onwards to:||
£27 (2014: £30)
|Bursary (Limited places – see details): Subsidised 90-day Personal Retreat:||£1,716 (2014: £1,886)|
There is a £10 non-refundable administration charge. Provided that the Work Retreat has been completed satisfactorily, the Deposit of £40 will be refunded at the end of the retreat.
£50 (including £40 refundable deposit)
|Retreatant Support Fund (RSF) Rate:
This highly subsidised rate is available to anyone who cannot afford the Standard or Supported Rate, via a short application process.
This rate may be used for up to 30 days of either Group or Personal Retreats in any one calendar year.
If your circumstances are such that you do not feel able to afford even this reduced rate, please contact us to discuss what you might be able to afford, as we are keen that costs do not prevent anyone from coming on retreat to Gaia House.
|60% of Standard Rate (40% off)|
- Personal Retreat Cost Calculator: Helps calculate the total cost of your Personal Retreat
- What the Rates mean – PDF Version: (pdf format – to save : Right Click and Save Link/Target As…)
- Financial Help to come on Retreat
For further information, please refer to Gaia House Booking Conditions and Cancellation Policy